header

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Girls Rock

Are you ready to read some awesome books?! Well... that's fabulous 'cause I've been reading a lot lately and I'm completely in love with these next three books.
I know I shouldn't be reading as much as I have been, especially since I'm in the middle of a new WIP. But I find that reading really helps. Sometimes I just need to escape into another story, you know? At least it works for me.

And these next three books all have something in common: a strong female protagonist.


Slide
by Jill Hathaway
I read this book a while back but since it hit the shelves on Tuesday, I figured I'd remind you.
From the moment I started reading this book I was completely sucked in. Vee is such a great character. You feel for her and relate to her and even though she's struggling with a lot of things in her life, you kinda want to be her. Well, I did. Mostly because I've always wanted to be Nancy Drew or Veronica Mars. And when Vee witnesses a murder, that everyone believes to be a suicide, she is forced into solving the crime.
Vee Bell is selfless and strong and as a character she is completely believable. I can't wait to read the next one!


Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen

I have always loved Robin Hood. But I think this retelling of the story is my favorite so far. Seriously. I LOVED THIS BOOK. There's adventure and romance. And the relationship between Robin and Scarlet ... WOW. Did I mention that in this version Will Scarlet is a girl? And she is pretty much amazing. She is the perfect mix of vulnerable and yet strong, independent as well as loyal. Please, please, please let there be a sequel! I BEG YOU!





Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

I have to admit, I'm not really into dystopian books even though I loved The Hunger Games and I'm a huge fan of Susanne Winnacker's The Other Life. I just don't enjoy the darkness that usually surrounds post-apocalyptic stories.
But I got a teaser of this book and after reading a few chapters I was hooked. I went in expecting one thing and soon realized I'd stumbled into a beautiful love story. And as much as I appreciated Aria's strength and determination, Perry won my heart. This book was breathtaking and different, the kind of book I will read again and again.

All three books get five stars from me! Go check them out!

1 comment:

  1. I loved Scarlet too. Haven't read the other two yet, but I'm planning on it.

    ReplyDelete