header

Friday, January 7, 2011

Music Friday!

It's been a while since I threw some music at you. And today's choice is a good one.

Has anyone out there heard of Muse?







No? Really??

Yeah, I know. It's like asking if you've heard of Coldplay.
The first time I heard Muse I was like wow! Play that again! And again. I've been a fan ever since. I have to admit my favorite scene in Twilight (the movie) was when those sparkly vampires got it into their pretty little heads to play baseball. And that was also about the time my poor husband, who was dragged to the movie theater, sat up and focused his eyes upon the screen. Baseball, flying vampires and Muse. Well done, Catherine Hardwicke. You got my husband's attention.

Or was it Matthew Bellamy's swoony voice and that crazy lead guitar?

I love Muse. I was lucky enough to see them play a local university here in CT. But they didn't play very long. For me it was a teaser. And a teaser of Muse is better than nothing, right? I guess.
But I really would have loved to see this last tour. I love Absolution. I love Black Holes and Revelations. But I LOVE The Resistance. Some serious brainstorming/writing music to be had in those eleven songs.
Oh. And for all of you out there who like to exercise Muse should be on your workout playlist. And if you are by chance writing a romantic scene and need some musical inspiration check out Starlight off of Black Holes and Revelations. That song makes my heart flutter. Every single time I hear it.

3 comments:

  1. My favorite band - the things they do are just beyond awesome and Matt Bellamy is a man from the future. I was lucky enough to see them in concert last year and I have to say.....it was the best concert I have seen in my ENTIRE LIFE.....and you know me, I've seen a few bands in my time =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That really is saying something! =)
    Yeah. They rock.

    Happy New Year Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of Muse. Hardly even heard ANY of Coldplay's songs. I know, I am SO deprived and sad. Hard to believe your sister that was ALL music growing up does not listen to a lot of cool, new, modern stuff. Send me a playlist CD Shari - I like it when you do that.

    ReplyDelete